Translate my blog

Thursday 12 September 2013

The settling in stage

So today is the 7th day of my life in Spain. Wow, that's a whole week! It feels as though the time went so quick but yet I'm convinced that I haven't seen my family for at least a month. I must admit I am missing my family, boyfriend and friends... Already. How embarrassing haha. But to be honest I know that they are already missing me too, cute guys! 

So on Tuesday (10/9/13) I met someone new, I made my first friend :O my host dad arranged it which was nice. Her name is Cris and I met her and her friend at their school and we caught the bus to the mall they have here in castelldefels (called Anec Blau). At the mall we were on a mission to buy a SIM card, because I couldn't buy one the other day without my pass port. Cris speaks a little bit of English (which is good and bad) and so we communicated using a mixture if English and Spanish. I had a really nice time with them showing me the good stores and talking about the fashion here in Spain. At the moment, the "in" thing is... Crop tops and very short shorts. All the girls like to show their body! What would their mum's say?! Oh wait, their mums are doing it too, don't worry haha. 
I didn't buy any clothes but I did buy a yo yo! Not the toy but a yoghurt ice cream that Cristina highly recommended! It cost about $5 and I could choose 3 toppings, there were so many , I wanted to try them all!! But, in the end, I chose Oreo and toblerone pieces and Ferrero rochere chocolate sauce - however you spell that. Omg it was amazing! I better not have too many of those!  
Above is the "yo-yo" :)

On the Tuesday I also had my first hockey practice with my new team. I couldn't bring my stick with my from New Zealand so all I had was a stick that was too short for me. If you want to know what that's like, it's similar to playing rugby with tiny hands... I guess haha. The practice went from 6.45pm till 8.30pm, in Nz that would be considered very late but I soon discovered why it was held at that time. Because it was still so hot!! If the practice was any earlier I probably would have died. No joke. Conveniently, I left my drink bottle at home and so I looked terribly unfit because I was then dying from the hey and thirst. So my coach said I had to drink from the toilet... Sink! Man, who do you think I am! :p the water was gross as it was warm and I really didn't trust it! 
During the lesson it was sometimes hard to pick up what the coach was saying and one girl got really annoyed when I did things wrong. That amused me. My next practice is tomorrow at 5.20-7, which will probably be even hotter. Hopefully I can find a better stick! 

So yesterday, Wednesday 11/9/13 I was going to try wake boarding! Wooo! And also see the beach for the first time :3 buut the weather decided against me. It thought it would be rather funny to rain again, like seriously rain, thunder and everything. So I was stuck inside for the day with not much to do. I couldn't even watch the tv! Well I could but I soon got bored of not understanding anything at all, not even Mickey Mouse on Disney channel. So to save the day, my friend invited me to go to the mall again! :) I went with my family to meet Cristina and her family at the mall. Apparently, castelldefels is as small as Timaru but still manages to have a big mall! But I don't believe that castelldefels could be that small. Anyway, Cristina and her family are so lovely! I love them already . Cristina, her mum and I went shopping and I bought two shirts and matching jeans (for me and Cristina - not her mum). I think this was the first time I felt really content with my new life. I think this was due to the fact that I made a good friend and she could understand me (age wise and also speaking - in English and I'm Spanish). Sadly, she does not go to my school but I'm sure we will remain great friends throughout my exchange here :3 Today we are going on a frappe date! She read the back of my phone which says that I love them and so decided that we must have one! Of course, I agreed.




No comments:

Post a Comment